So I made a list of ‘100 things to do before I turn 32’, and I’ve decided that 100 things is WAY TOO MUCH. WTF was I thinking. I remember making the list and I was scrapping up ideas, a lot of things on the list I really don’t even care about or I’ve actually done them before…. So below you will find my excuses as to why I haven’t been smashing out the remainder of the list.
11. Go to Sequoia Forest and find a wood nest – I will still do this one with my friend Shannon. The forest looks like the perfect place for Instagram photos, so it will stay on the list, just not sure when I’ll get to it.
13. Go to Eureka Skydeck & 14. Go on the Melbourne Star – These are my boyfriends “perfect date night” ideas, one day I’m sure we will go on his idea of a perfect date (and my idea of a perfect date come to think of it). I’ll save them for then.
22. Walk out of one movie and into another without paying – no idea why I put this on here. Care factor 0.
26. Slow dance with Dan – I’d love to slow dance with the man. When the moment calls for it, I’m sure he’ll ask me.
29. Get my dogs off my parents, 33. Move into our forever house, 44. Sell all the clothes I don’t wear/fit into, 49. Have friends over and cook dinner for them, 59. Paint a canvas and sell it, 66. Shoot paint at a canvas with a water gun, 68. Throw eggs full of paint at a canvas, 69. Make something out of clay, 70. Make something to have in our new house, 71. Restore a piece of furniture – all of these are literally waiting for our house to be built. It’s not going to be finished before my birthday (20 Sept) so they will all get done once the house is built. I’ve got ideas for all of them. Until the house is done though – nothing.
40. Carve our initials in a tree – have you seen Ferngully? WTF was I thinking hurting a tree like that.
42. Wear a flower crown – I should probably buy one.
54. Curl my hair with a GHD – I have a curling iron, mystery solved!
56. Take a photo with sparklers spelling words – I blame pinterest for this. Care factor 0.
57. Bake a cake that everyone loves – I made a cobbler that people love and I’m happy with that.
67. Take an art or creative class – I’ve done a sewing course before so I’m happy with that. Next time I’m in Bali I’m going to do a perfume making class.
75. Eat at Trunk Town – I’m thinking this is where I want to go for my 32nd birthday dinner with friends.
83. Run home from work – I’m still going to do this one, when the weather is warmer.
84. Get to my goal weight – I really don’t care what I weigh anymore. I have found a fitness thing that I love (F45) so I’m going to keep at that. I’m happy and feeling healthy. Screw the scale.
86. Be able to touch my toes without bending my knees – meh, Care factor 0
87. Be able to run the loop (7.6km) in under 50 minutes – I actually do still want to do this one.
88. Be confident in my own skin – the older I get the more confident I get with my body and looks. I’m content with who I am.
93. Become a brand ambassador for something I believe in – Not really fazed by this anymore. Care factor 0
97. Skydive – I’ve never actually wanted to do this. Care factor 0.
A bit of advice. When making goals – make them realistic. I should have known better. To be honest I should have just made a list of 10 things that I care about to do within the year not 100. The blog has been fun, but now I’m wondering what I should do with it. Happy to hear your thoughts!